Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Few Final Words


The mixing went really well at Metropolis - once again we used the power of "in-the-box" to revisit and tweak almost all of the mixes in the very last couple of days. I have uploaded some more photos of Tom and Jack hard at work on the last day of the session. (In fact there was one more day when James printed all the instrumentals, just in case they are needed, but the band and I didn't attend for that).



Jack worked very hard on the running order (and even left off one of the songs I really wanted to include - but hey, it's not my record!) and Simon Heyworth did a great job mastering for us.

Thanks to the band for asking me to make this record with them. It was a please and a privilege, and I am very happy with the fruits of our labour.

Also thanks to the rest of the studio team, our fantastic engineer Jeff Knowler and our two great assistants, Mark Allaway (Miloco) and James Aparicio (Metropolis).

In fact the thanks list goes on and on. The record is the result of an almost unimaginably huge network of people, manufacturers, farmers, software designers, lorry drivers, business people, supermarket owners, steel mill workers, miners, artists, shoe store sales people....... The list really goes on and on. I can't even count the people who enable me to eat breakfast. It's all teamwork.

Thanks everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

only just saw this!
thank you too gareth!
love tnps

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the latest post! And thanks for building this site!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I think the brief should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

recordingthesenewpuritans.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

Hello Guru, what entice you to post an article. This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.

Anonymous said...

i very enjoy all your writing taste, very unique,
don't quit as well as keep writing because it simply worth to look through it,
excited to browse more of your current posts, have a good day!